Monday, June 4, 2012

Whimsical Windows

Remember those VW bug rear windows? 
Rather whimsical, aren't they!

Sacramento, CA

Click HERE to visit Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors.
Click HERE to view more shots from Bugorama.


toby said...

Oh, absolutely! So sweet, and definitely whimsical!
Have a great week!

cloudia charters said...

Yes, I fondly remember these classic cars!

Enjoy your week!
Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

Merisi in Vienna said...

Those rear windows are whimsical, indeed!
Love the red and blue suitcases o´n the blue car, another touch of whimsy.

Ralph said...

I love the split window, early 1950s Beetle. Stylish and slow, the oval rear window relatively new, made until the late 1950s (?). I grew up with the rectangular rear windows of 1964 and 1970. Classic it is, really enjoy the old air-cooled VWs!

Sylvia K said...

I do love those old VWs and what great shots, Linnea!! Enjoy your time off!!


Lesley said...

I had forgotten about those split windows!
They look neat, but I prefer a bit more rear vision.

Sara said...

This brings back memories of VW bugs I've known! Love their rounded shapes and funny windows...and I also love what these are sporting in their rooftop racks. This must have been quite an amazing auto show.

Willow said...

I love those VW Bug windows! What classic cars those bugs were.

Halcyon said...

Very cute! I love VW Bugs. :)

Icy BC said...

These VW are so cute, and I got a "punch" every time my son see one :-)

George said...

Definitely whimsical, but one can't help but smile when seeing one of those old 'bugs'.

Vienna said...

I love em beatles! Classic!

M.Kate said...

Cool! I love those cars :)